3 stacked bars as a hamburger menu


Close this search box.


Here you can find information, downloadable forms, and links to organizations on the community, state, and national levels that provide specialized supports for individuals with developmental disabilities. 

Quick Links

Intake/Eligibility Criteria

The Intake Coordinator at Monadnock Developmental Services can help determine eligibility for your family member. 

You can also visit the DHHS website for information on eligibility requirements, which are prescribed by State (Bureau of Developmental Services) and Federal (Center for Medicaid Services) regulations.

Determine eligibility and start the
intake process for your child:

Intake/ELIGIBILITY Process next steps:

They will enter the system through Early Supports & Services (ESS) and have a choice of using MDS Birth to Three or Rise for baby and family for their ESS services.

They will enter the system through Children’s Service Coordination (CSC). Please note that if an individual leaves school at age 18, they enter into the Adult System once out of school. Depending on what the diagnosis/situation is, they will be eligible for Service Coordination, Respite and, if necessary, In Home Supports. Children’s service coordination also provides Transition from youth to adult services.

When they turn 21, individuals enter into Adult Services and receive Adult Service Coordination (ASC). Service Coordinators act as case managers. Individuals and families can choose from a variety of service coordination options. Adult services available include residential, day, employment, respite, and others.


There are a variety of forms required to be used by individuals and their families, as well as nursing and MDS employees. Some of these forms are specific to MDS, while others are created and maintained by the Bureau of Developmental Services.

MDS forms include a wide range of forms that are used by many people. Some examples include incident reports, waiver requests and medication error reports. 

Intake/Eligibility forms are used to determine an individual’s eligibility to receive services through MDS.

Self-Directed Services forms are used by families who design and manage services for their family member with a developmental disability or acquired brain disorder. The types of forms used for Self-Directed Services include supervision notes, expense reports, job description and job offer forms.

State forms include those pertaining to nursing and healthcare, as well as those that are maintained by Community Support Network, Inc. (CSNI). To ensure you are using the most current version, we provide a link to their website and a list of the forms you will find there.

Employee forms and links provide a variety of information about benefits, links to benefits providers’ websites, timesheets, expense reports and various MDS benefits.

MDS forms fall into three categories:

  • Certification and Waiver
  • General
  • Human Rights and Behavior Plans

These forms will primarily be used by MDS staff and provider agency staff.

Intake/Eligibility forms are used to determine an individual’s eligibility to receive services through MDS. An MDS Intake Coordinator will help you fill these forms out. However, it can be useful to be familiar with the forms prior to meeting with an Intake Coordinator.

Self-Directed Services forms are used by families who design and manage services for their family member with a developmental disability or acquired brain disorder. The types of forms used for Self-Directed Services include supervision notes, expense reports, job description and job offer forms. If there is a form you need that you don’t see in this section, please look in the Employee Forms section.

In this section, you will find forms related to Healthcare and Nursing as well as a link to forms that are maintained by Community Support Network, Inc. (CSNI).

CSNI link

This site offers forms for:

HRC-Authorization Page_2016-09
HRC-Authorization Page- Directions_2016-09
Behavior Plan Requirements_2016-09
Nursing Medical Intervention Report
Weekly Service Notes
Monthly Progress Report
Medication Occurrence Form-Statewide Template_2017
Medication Occurrence Form-Directions_2017
Restraint Form- Directions_2017
Incident Report- 2020
Incident Report- 2020- Directions
Complaint Investigation Response-Template_2017-08
Complaint Investigation Response-Directions_2017-08
Fire Drill Form_2017-08
Fire Drill Form- Directions_2017-08
ITS Global Consent for Visitation
ITS Site Visit Sheet – Electronic Completion
ITS Site Visit Sheet – Handwritten Completion
Nursing Evaluation of Transition Form_2017
Nursing Evaluation of Transition-Directions_2018-05
SC 5 Day Visit Form_2017
SC 5 Day Visit Form-Directions_2018-04
Seizure Report- Template_2017-10
Seizure Report- Directions_2018-05


Monadnock Developmental Services encourages growth and professional development among all employees, providing knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will enable them to better support people with disabilities and their families. We believe that learning occurs through a process of action, reflection, and experimentation. For that reason, all workshops and training events are designed to offer a variety of ways to learn. We combine lectures, reading materials, discussions, role-playing, and simulation to create an inviting and stimulating learning environment. We sometimes offer training for families and individuals.

Training opportunities and registration can be found on the MDS Training Calendar.

Monadnock Developmental Services offers an ongoing series of educational opportunities for employees and families to gain the skills and knowledge that will help them better support people with developmental disabilities. Staff orientation provides MDS employees and Direct and family support professionals with the tools and information they will need to accomplish their work effectively. Employees may also be required to complete specific departmental and position orientation and ongoing training. We welcome and encourage individuals, family members and provider agency staff to attend training and events with us.

To ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations, all employees/support positions are required to complete basic online learning topics on the Relias training platform. In addition to this, all Direct Support Professionals and Participant Directed Managed Services (PDMS) and Family Support Staff must complete additional training in the Relias system, as determined by their position. All direct service & direct support positions will be required to attend two in-person orientation sessions, Rights, HCBS & Reporting and Introduction to Gentle Teaching. These sessions are posted on the MDS training calendar and tentatively take place each month.

MDS and Family Managed employees will be provided with accounts in the Relias training system by the MDS HR team. All employees are responsible for completing their required training, and are encouraged to work with their supervisors to ensure that they can do so. Please contact the Quality & Training Department (as noted above) with specific training and Relias system questions.

For 1201 Medication Administration Training, the nursing staff at MDS collaborate with state nurse trainers to arrange and/or provide the He-M 1201 medication administration training. This includes the initial Medication Training course, recertification, med administration observations and oversight. Please contact the nursing office at 603-352-1304×221 to inquire.

Pre-registration is required as sessions may require a minimum or maximum number of participants to be held. Please register at least four days in advance using the training calendar link below. 

Changes in schedule will be posted on the Training Calendar.

  • Title of class or presentation
  • Date/Time of session
  • Full Name of Attendee (Legal Names are needed – please provide correct spelling)
  • Email (required for login information and to share training links and materials)
  • Phone Contact
  • Employer/Agency
  • Position/Role

Please view the MDS Training Calendar to view upcoming training sessions – when you open the link to the training session you are interested in, you will find a registration link noted below. Please complete all questions. 

Pre registration is requested for all sessions so that we can plan accordingly. Some sessions have minimum or maximum seats available.

Click the link to register – https://forms.gle/jfvyTrs2qsAFDiS6

When you register you will need to include title, date and time of class you wish to register for.  

Community Resources

SAU | Towns

Antrim   |  Bennington  |  Dublin  |  Francestown  |  Greenfield  |  Hancock  |  Peterborough  |  Sharon  |  Temple
Chesterfield  |  Harrisville  |  Keene  |  Marlborough  |  Marlow  |  Nelson  |  Westmoreland

SAU | Towns

Jaffrey  |  Rindge
Alstead  | Walpole
Greenville   |  New Ipswich

SAU | Towns

Fitzwilliam  |  Gilsum  |  Richmon  |  Roxbury  |  Swanzey  |  Troy

State/National Resources

Benefits for people with disabilities are administered through the NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA). You must apply to both agencies to become eligible and begin receiving benefits. Eligibility, procedure and maintenance can be complicated, so it’s best to work with your Service Coordinator for help in understanding and accessing appropriate funding.

Disability benefits

In December 2013, New Hampshire transitioned to a Managed Care system for Medicaid healthcare services and acute medical care (not for disabilities or long-term care).

Click here to find out more about Medicaid Care Management at the DHHS website. 

For Medicare and Medicaid information, visit the Center for Medicaid Services (CMS) website.

The NH Department of Health and Human Services administers certain programs including:

  • HC-CSD (Home Care for Children with Severe Disabilities);
  • MEAD (Medicaid for Employed Adults with Disabilities);
  • Food Stamps and other family assistance programs;
  • Healthy Kids Gold (NH’s children’s health insurance program).

For information on NH programs, visit the DHHS website

If you have any questions about benefits for you or your family member, please contact your Service Coordinator who can help you better understand and access appropriate resources.

The Social Security Administration handles:

  • SSI (Social Security Income);
  • SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance);
  • CDB (Childhood Disability Benefits);
  • Retirement benefits.

Some commonly asked questions:

Don’t do it alone. Ask for help!

  • Get an Advocate. A Service Coordinator at MDS will help; a ServiceLink  Advocate can help; a friend can help.
  • Ask your Advocate to go to appointments with you.
  • Ask your Advocate to review your applications before you submit them.

You must apply with two agencies, the federal Social Security Administration (SSA) and NH Department of Health and Human Services.

  • For SSA, you can apply online at the SSA website. If you do not want to do this report online or you need help, you can call the SSA toll-free at 800-772-1213.
  • The NH-DHHS website  gives an outline of the application process. The Division of Family Assistance can help with the process and also offers online services through NH EASY, New Hampshire’s Electronic Application System.  There you can learn how to apply for assistance, check eligibility, track your application status, and more.
  • Appeal! If you disagree with the decision that has been made, it is very important that you appeal their decision.
  • The Notice of Denial will tell you the steps to take for an appeal.
  • Make sure you file your appeal right away to insure you get it in before the 30-day deadline.
  • Medicare is a Federal Health Insurance Program. A person becomes eligible for Medicare when they meet retirement age requirements by SSA rules. A person can also receive Medicare benefits via SSDI  (Social Security Disability Insurance – a disability benefit) or Child Disability Benefits (CDB).
  • Medicaid is health care coverage that is accessible in a number of different ways. For adults with disabilities, one must meet both the financial and medical criteria. If you are working and have a disability, you may also qualify for the MEAD program which is Medicaid for Employed Adults with Disabilities.


It is important that you work with your Service Coordinator to fully access and understand these benefits.

  • To be found eligible for this program, your child must be at risk of institutionalization. Unlike other Medicaid programs for children, this program does not count the parents’ income or assets. However, it does count the child’s assets and income.
  • It is strongly suggested to work with your Service Coordinator or Advocate when applying for this program. The application process is multi-layered and can be emotionally draining.
  • SSI (Social Security Income) is a needs-based program administered through the Social Security Administration. One must meet a financial criterion to qualify for SSI. In addition, one must then meet their medical disability criterion or be of retirement age to qualify.
  • SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) is a disability program administered by the Social Security Administration. One must have a work history where contributions were paid into the Social Security System and also meet a medical disability criterion.

Specific changes can occur at age 18, 19, 21, 23, 26, 62 and 65. Click here to read a very helpful guide: Benefit Changes As You Age. 

No, you will not lose your benefits if you go to work!

  • Your Service Coordinator can help you create a return-to-work plan. Always report your earnings to the SSA and DHHS.
  • NH DHHS has the MEAD Program (Medicaid for Employed Adults with Disabilities). Go to the GSIL website for details of this program.
  • Social Security Administration’s website has details regarding multiple work incentive/safety nets for those returning to work. Work with your Service Coordinator in exploring and utilizing these systems.


Legislative Resources

Services and supports for individuals with developmental disabilities are a matter of public policy. Legislative activity on the state and national level can have a profound impact on the range of services available, and how those services are constituted. The more you know about who your State representatives are, how to contact them, and what legislation is moving through the Legislature, the better prepared you can be for any changes in law that might affect you or loved ones, and the greater impact you can have on shaping legislation through advocacy.

In New Hampshire, there are ten area agencies that provide service coordination and direct services to people with developmental disabilities and acquired brain disorders. Each area agency has a Legislative Liaison who communicates between our state and local legislators, the area agency and the people and families who receive supports through the area agency.

The information your Legislative Liaison provides can help us all become legislative advocates. Legislative advocacy is simply engaging with legislators to express your public support for a specific cause or policy. You can express your support by attending a meeting, writing a letter to an elected official or testifying at a legislative hearing or school board meeting. Legislative advocacy can also be as easy as telling your friends and family about policies that are important to you!

Mountain and Sun from the MDS logo with no text or background colors

Contact Us

Contact Form Popup

Skip to content